Disability Achievement Awards
Announcing the Individuals and Organizations to be Honored at the 2021 PCDI Awards Ceremony.
The President’s Commission on Disability Issues (PCDI) at the University of Maryland is pleased to announce the individuals and organizations that were honored at the online 2021 PCDI Awards ceremony on April 13th, 2021. These awards are now presented biennially as part of the Disability Summit.
The PCDI Awards honor outstanding contributions to the promotion of inclusion of disabled people made by members of the University of Maryland (UMD) community. The PCDI Awards recognize achievement in:
- Promotion of equity and justice for disabled people at the University;
- Creation and implementation of best practices in serving the disabled members of the University community; and/or
- Innovations in advocacy, research, development, or teaching, that benefit disabled people at the university and beyond.
Nominated individuals and organizations must be part of the University of Maryland, though nominations may come from within or outside of the University.
The PCDI Awards recognize achievement in the following categories:
- Undergraduate Student Award
- Graduate Student Award
- John W. King Staff Award
- Faculty Award
Collective efforts of a unit or organization at UMD on behalf of disabled people
- Inclusive Leadership Award
These awards are given biennially, being presented in conjunction with the UMD Disability Summit.