Gain the knowledge and seek resources
- Accessibility Hub - Resources related to accessibility and disability services on campus.
- Accessibility and Disability Services - Provides resources on campus regarding university policies, reasonable accommodations, and more.
- Office of Civil Rights and Sexual Misconduct works to foster a learning and working environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct.
- Disability Studies Research Guide - Provides information on print and electronic resources for the study of disabilities and people with disabilities.
The American with Disabilities Act
- ADA.gov | Information and Technical Assistance on the ADA
- PBS Independent Lens | Lives Worth Living Documentary Film
- United Spinal Association | Understanding the ADA Handbook 2015
- Google online Exhibit | Ed Roberts, the Disability Rights Movement and the ADA
H.R. 620 ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017
- Rewire.News | Sen. Tammy Duckworth Saves the Americans With Disabilities Act—For Now
- Congress.gov | H.R. 620 ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017
- UMD Diamondback | Across the country and at UMD, the rights of disabled people aren’t being respected
- DREDF | Overview of concerns with H.R. 620, the ADA Education and Reform Act of 2017, and Similar Bills
- Time Magazine | 'Our Lives Are at Stake.' How Donald Trump Inadvertently Sparked a New Disability Rights Movement
- Washington Post | Will senators make amends and protect the ADA?
Withdrawn Technical Assistance and Guidance Documents
- ADA.gov | Withdrawn Technical Assistance and Guidance Documents
- New York Times | Justice Dept. Revokes 25 Legal Guidance Documents
- Washington Post | DeVos rescinds 72 guidance documents outlining rights for disabled students
- Disability Scoop | Justice Department Scraps ADA Guidance
US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights: New Case Processing Manual
- Education Week | The Key Changes to OCR’S New Case Processing Manual (What Colleges and Universities need to know about the major changes in the Manual)
- Education Week | New Guidelines Let Civil Rights Office Ignore Cases From Serial Complainers
- Disability Scoop | New Rules Let Ed Department Ignore Disability-Related Complaints
Proposed Changes to Higher Education Act to PROSPER Act
- American Council on Education | The Higher Education Act
- H.R.4508 - PROSPER Act | Promoting Real Opportunity, Success, and Prosperity Through Education Reform (PROSPER) Act (H.R. 4508)